Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: What fuel pump are you using?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member B17Vortech's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2001
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am looking for the quietest possible replacement fuel pump. I have heard some people use the Toyata Supra pump because it has very good flow and is very quiet.

    ------------------
    hi-tech 4-2-1,Sk2 IM,Holley 68mm TB, 550RC inj, RSR catback, and Hondata stage 4B Installed.
    Vortech 10 psi SC being installed as I post

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think your priorities are a bit WHACKED !!!
    Feed the motor the proper amount of fuel... and if it happens to be a bit louder than stock, well, then turn up the radio a bit more !!!

    The truth is that higher-volume pumps are going to make more noise... they work harder. OE style pumps (even the famous SUPRA pump) cannot flow anything close to the volumes of a simple Walbro GSS-342.

    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Sonnyballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2001
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, what Jimbo said. I can appreciate your concern about noise though. My GSS342 flowed like a mofo, but it was noisy.

    I'm using the stock pump with my 440cc injectors with my JRSC @ 6psi. The pump with this size injector is definitely adequate for 6psi, but I think 8psi will be pushing it.

    Sonny

    ------------------
    Sonny Van Hook ([email protected])
    2000 JRSC'd Civic Si @ 6psi (Powered by Hondata)
    1999 Tonykart/Honda 125cc Shifter (in the works)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member B17Vortech's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2001
    Posts
    39
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My priorities are fine, I am not going to shortchange my fuel supply, but I am also not going to get the loudest pump on earth.

    No need for flame replies, if you want to list the fuel pump your using and comparitive noise levels, please reply.

    ------------------
    hi-tech 4-2-1,Sk2 IM,Holley 68mm TB, 550RC inj, RSR catback, and Hondata stage 4B Installed.
    Vortech 10 psi SC being installed as I post

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SiR -Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the JR HO fuel pump. It's fairly quiet .I don't know the fuel output and if it would be adequate for your needs.

    ------------------
    98 SiR JRSC 8lbs, JR BTC JR H/O pump, Fields VTEC controller,Kamakazi 2.5 header Custom Intake Custom 2.5 " exhaust
    Speed is relative unless you're really fast then speed is speed

  6. #6
    Inactive Member BurntGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2000
    Posts
    393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, the Walboro fuel pumps aren't that loud and if you think they are then I'll be the first to call you a pussy-cat. =) No flames, just a friendly prod. Who wants a quiet sports car anyhow?



    ------------------
    Silvino

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Sonnyballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2001
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BurntGSR:
    Who wants a quiet sports car anyhow?

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    The wife who rides in the passenger seat!!! biggrin biggrin

    Sonny

    ------------------
    Sonny Van Hook ([email protected])
    2000 JRSC'd Civic Si @ 6psi (Powered by Hondata)
    1999 Tonykart/Honda 125cc Shifter (in the works)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SC HYBRID's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2000
    Posts
    505
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i have a big ass BOSCH PUMP,and it will flow more fuel thru it quicker than i can use it.its loud as shit but i guess its pretty quiet compared to my solid 3" exhaust from the headers back.

    ------------------

    12.4 @ 110 mph
    NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEM...in the werks!!!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member TrustGs-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2001
    Posts
    349
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    walbro 255lph (342)

    ------------------
    daily driven 96 turbo gsr hitting 11s. 270.6 WHP 218 Torque on pump gas and 13PSI. next dyno with crower stage 2 cams, 3 inch exhaust, and 16psi

    JRSC is garbage. I speak from experience.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 217gsr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a GSS317. It also flows 255lph, but will max out at a lower pressure. For my 6 psi application though, it has been sufficient for the past ~9 mo. It's not that loud.

    I'll be picking up a GSS342 soon when I up the boost.

    ------------------
    6 psi JRSC GSR: GSS-317, 3" intake -&gt; 217 hp/155 ft-lbs.
    New: BTC, MAP controller, and stock timing!
    Soon: Endyn stepper?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •